Merrill DataSite Data Room
Merrill DataSite overview
Merrill VDR is one of many virtual data rooms available online. But, what is Merrill DataSite and what can it offer you?
What services does it provide?
Merrill DataSite data room offers a secure and equipped data room to facilitate the deal making process. Companies can complete deals such as mergers and acquisitions in an online space, instead of being in a physical room.
Here are some of the main features of the Merrill DataSite VDR:
- Secure document upload. You can upload documents securely in a virtual data room. If you send documents to someone through an email, you lose control over the data. However, uploading documents to a data room ensures that you still have control over that data. No one can steal it or duplicate it if they are unauthorized.
- Safe file sharing. You can share documents securely and collaborate to negotiate the perfect deal. Or you can share documents collectively and work together on a project. Your documents are safe in the virtual data room, and you can track who has viewed your files. You can also track when and how often someone has accessed your documents.
- Precise searching. You can search precisely throughout the project, increasing the speed of use. Looking up files or data is simple! The software will take you straight to the place in the virtual data room you need.
- Dashboard notifications. Going back and forth through a merger or acquisition can be a time-consuming aspect of dealmaking. However, the dashboard presents any questions and answers in one place. If someone has a question for you, or a suggested negotiation or compromise, this will be highlighted on the dashboard.
- Redaction. The Merrill virtual data room offers a powerful redaction feature using AI. This can be automated by entering a word or phrase once documents have been uploaded. This feature eliminates human error and missing out words or phrases that should have been redacted.
- Real-time updates. You receive a real-time refresh to provide you with the latest activities in the data room. You can see who has just accessed data and when, or whether someone has left you a comment.
- Customization. You can customize the platform to promote your company image. The colors, logos, and fonts can be adapted easily in a custom format to meet those of your company. Visitors to your data room will instantly recognize the company image and branding and know you are professionals in your field!
What year was it founded?
The K. F. Merrill Company was established in 1968 in Minnesota, US. Rebranding in 1984 introduced the company as the Merrill Corporation under a new CEO named John Castro.
Originally focusing its operations on typesetting, the company moved through the decades whilst adapting to using the newest technology.
Establishing the DataSite platform in 2002, companies could securely share information for the first time. Then, in 2018, DataSite One was developed to specialize in Merger and Acquisition SaaS technology.
Today, Merrill DataSite provides a truly global service, supporting 20 languages across the world.
What cities have Merrill offices?
The Merrill Corporation has bases in 32 locations across the globe, including Canada, Japan, Australia, France, New York, London, and Argentina.
The company Headquarters are located in Saint Paul, Minnesota, however, where the original K. F. Merrill Company was founded.
Are any other products available?
The Merrill Corporation focuses solely on the management of data and facilitating deals across large companies.
Their services can be adapted across a variety of different industries, however.
Is there a free trial or demo?
At present, a free trial is not available from Merrill DataSite VDR. However, tutorial videos are available on their website so you can see how the virtual data room works. You can also contact their sales team easily, regardless of your location.
For which type of business is this the best solution?
The Merrill virtual data room is the perfect solution for large companies. Covering a range of merger and acquisition services, companies benefit from international collaboration to allow deal completion.
Medium businesses will also benefit. However, some medium businesses may feel as though the cost is too high to justify.
For what purposes is Merrill used?
Merrill data room is versatile and provides many solutions for companies. It is accessible from any location, aiding collaboration to secure mergers and acquisitions.
In addition to collaboration, the DataSite VDR can help with fundraising, restructuring, and strategic repository.
You can also use DataSite For You, a unique solution by DataSite to offer you the skills you need.
A vast range of solutions can be accessed when utilizing the services of Merrill Corporation. These solutions include DataSite Outreach, DataSite Prepare, and DataSite Acquire, covering all angles of the deal making process.
Here is what can these services offer your company:
- DataSite Outreach. Marketing your company and the energy of your dealmaking are enhanced using DataSite Outreach. You can access real-time analytics and insights to ensure that the best decisions are made as quickly as possible. You can identify realistic buyers and market your deals at a faster pace. Centralizing your tracking of buyers and linking to your data room places you at the front of the deals race. Know which strategy to adopt and which step to take next!
- DataSite Prepare. Deal preparation is key to ensuring that your deals run smoothly. Due diligence foundations provide your deal with a strong basis, making sure that you are prepared when the client strikes! Utilizing the latest AI technology, you can effortlessly categorize your files and locate the documents you need. You can also efficiently organize your documents using AI Indexing and preview when required.
- DataSite Acquire. Track deals effectively and close deals quickly. Access the intuitive buyer dashboard with instant notifications and real-time alerts.
Merrill DataSite support and deployment
What are the support and deployment features of Merrill DataSite? How can you use the software, and who can help you if something goes wrong?
This web-based app can be accessed through your desktop or a cloud-based host.
Does the software run on different operating systems?
The Merrill data room is available on Mac or Windows desktops and is a widely accessible software product.
Are there any mobile apps?
DataSite Merrill is available on mobile, accessing an app for Android or iOS, to enable instant on-the-go access. Accessing the Merrill Data Room from any location, you can search and share documents at ease.
What technical support is available?
Customer support is an important feature of any business model. Here are some of the customer support features offered by Merrill DataSite customer service:
- Get support anytime. Merrill DataSite customer service is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year. They understand that dealmaking does not take holidays! You can acquire help and support whenever you need whether that is technical support or help with navigating the data room.
- Connect on the phone. You can reach the support team via phone, with regional variations located on their website. Whichever locality you live in, you can phone a local office close to you where you can speak to a professional.
- Connect online. You can also send an email to the support team, or use the live chat function. Sometimes it is more convenient to use an email or live chat function when you are in the middle of working online.
- Get software training. Merrill DataSite offers training and certification for both individuals and businesses. All aspects of the virtual data room and the services offered in dealmaking are included to increase skills. You can achieve VDR Certification as well. All areas of the Merrill DataSite platform are expertly covered by the training. You and your team can develop and improve your skills, which in turn helps your company.
- Grow professionally. The DataSite web page additionally contains information regarding events and webinars to continue professional development. You can enquire into attending events in person, or simply attend the webinars virtually.
- Leverage Dealmaker’s Circle. There is also a voluntary research program called the Dealmaker’s Circle to increase your circle of expertise, influence, and recognition. You can gain a wide range of professional skills as a result of your participation.
Merrill DataSite pricing
You must contact the sales team directly to use the Merrill virtual data room as a general subscription is not available. Their specialists will provide you with a tailored pricing plan, unique to your needs and the needs of the company.
According to the DataSite reviews, Merrill DataSite pricing is an expensive and premium choice. However, this is due to the capabilities offered to large companies and the safety and security of the deal making process.
Merrill DataSite security
Here are the security features that Merrill DataSite can offer your company:
- Multiple backups. Merrill DataSite offers users a high level of safety and security on Microsoft Azure, complete with multiple backups.
- Encryption. All files are encrypted and are contained inside of the platform application. Your data is safe by using TLS 1.2 encryption and AES256 encryption. This ensures that your data is safe when it is being uploaded to the data room. It stays similarly safe when at rest or in transit.
- Access control. You can amend admin rights as and when required, ensuring that you are in full control of accessibility.
- Multi- authentication. You can add multi-factor authentication if desired to increase security further. You can maintain control over data whilst sharing through Informatiohts Management (IRM).
- Single Sign-On. An SSO cann Rig be used, if necessary, to ensure an efficient process. One set of authorized credentials can enable you to sign into a series of different applications.
- Purging data. After the project has been completed, all data will be purged after 30 days to further ensure security. This ensures that your data from closed deals cannot be traced in any way by unauthorized personnel.
Merrill DataSite Services
|Distressed Real Estate||yes|
|IPO & Exits||yes|
|M&A Buy Side||yes|
|M&A Sell Side||yes|
|File Formats Supported:||PDF, MS Office, jpg, jpeg, jpe, gif, bmp, png, tif, tiff|
|Automatic Numerical Indexing of Files & Folders||yes|
|Archives Upload & Extraction||yes|
|Document Version Control||yes|
|Drag & Drop Upload of Multiple Files and Folders||no|
|Export of Data Room Index to Excel||no|
|Multilingual Documents Index||no|
|Granular Document Permissions||yes|
|Prevention of Download, Print and Copy||yes|
|Remote Shredding of Documents||yes|
|Customizable Document Watermarks||yes|
|256-Bit SSL/TLS Encryption||yes|
|Data at Rest Encryption||yes|
|Secure Fence View||no|
|Document Access Expiry||no|
|99.9% Uptime Guarantee||yes|
|ISO 27001 Certified||yes|
|SOC 2 Certified||no|
|SSAE 16 Certified||no|
|Granular User Permissions||yes|
|Mobile Device Management||no|
|Access Limitation by IP Address||no|
|Scroll-Through Web-Based Document Viewer||yes|
|Web-Based Excel Spreadsheets Viewer||yes|
|Mobile Device Interface||yes|
|User Interface Languages:||English|
|Search by Name||yes|
|Search by Content (Full Text Search)||yes|
|OCR (Optical Character Recognition)||yes|
|Filtering by Parameters||yes|
|Basic Questions & Answers Module||yes|
|New Document Email Notifications||yes|
|Advanced Questions & Answers Module||no|
|Secure User Messaging||no|
|Files & Folders Notes||no|
|Tracking of All User Activity||yes|
|Real-Time Audit Trail||yes|
|Exporting Reports to Excel||yes|
|Tracking of Document Viewing Time||yes|
|Scheduled Reports (Sending to Email)||no|
|Branded User Interface||yes|
|Custom Login Page||yes|
|Custom User Invitation Letter||yes|
|Custom Agreements for Accessing Data Room||no|
|Active Directory Integration||no|
|Single Sign-On Integration||no|
|Customer-Managed Encryption Keys||no|
|Integrations Through APIs||no|
|Custom Workflows and Features||no|
|Business Hours Support||yes|
|24/7 Email Support||yes|
|24/7 Phone & Email Support||yes|
|Dedicated Project Manager||yes|
|Data Room Archive on DVD or USB Drive||yes|
|Support Languages:||Arabic, Chinese, German, Dutch, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish.|
|Online Help Center||no|
|Multiple Datacenter Locations||yes|
|Locations:||United States, Canada, CHINA, HONG KONG, INDONESIA, JAPAN, MALAYSIA, PHILIPPINES, SINGAPORE, SOUTH KOREA, THAILAND, UNITED KINGDOM, FRANCE, GERMANY, IRELAND, ITALY, RUSSIA, SPAIN, SWEDEN, TURKEY, BRAZIL, CHILE, MEXICO, PERU, SOUTH A|